[Dixielandjazz] Henry Ford

Allan Brown allanbrown at dsl.pipex.com
Tue May 1 09:48:11 PDT 2012

How on earth did you happen upon a newspaper from 1926 Pat?

I wonder how he'd feel about the fact that his assembly lines, some years later, would give birth to 'Heavy Metal'?! I'm not sure if it is apocryphal or not, but I've heard that the Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Lommi claims their distinctive sound was inspired by the assembly lines they worked on in the late 60's. Although an equal claim can be made by the fact that he lost a couple of finger tips in an industrial accident and had to tune down his guitar in order to play it effectively.

Either way, 'Heavy Metal' was effectively born and we've never looked back! :-)

...and then there's Motown and even Bob Marley worked in a car factory! Wow, we owe Henry Ford a debt of gratitude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4