[Dixielandjazz] The Bookstore Speakeasy

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 12:28:52 PDT 2012

I'm playing tonight (March 29)  at the Bookstore in Bethlehem PA. Duo
with Tom Pontz on piano. Then again tomorrow night in a trio with Tom
and Johnny Peppercraft on Bass Sax. Mostly American Songbook, some
Dixieland songs and a little straight ahead Jazz. Audience is young,
mostly under 40 years old. Lots of College kids fall by to drink a
Sazerac, chill out and try the food. FUN evening fr them and fun for
us playing for a young audience tht digs the music.

Stop by if you are in the neighborhood. Music from 9 PM to 1 AM. Great
venue, like the old time speakeasy it once was. Typical review below:

Very impressed! I live in San Francisco and wish we had the Bookstore
here!

We called around 9pm and they were full but they called us back around
12am and we were sat right away - so nice not having to wait around!

They had a nice three-piece band playing. Fun and jazzy but not too
loud.

The staff is wonderful! Super trendy, friendly, helpful and not
pretentious!

The five of us ordered different drinks and passed them around to
taste - all unique and great!

The Bookstore
336 Adams Street
Bethlehem PA 18015