[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Matchbox Blues/Blind Lemon Jefferson

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 16:01:27 PDT 2012

The first time he sings the line, I definitely hear "soul".  The  second
time, I hear "clothes".  ???

<_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3GEDqkJeVs_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3GEDqkJeVs) >

Ginny

In a message dated 3/18/2012 5:34:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
smokewagon at yahoo.com writes:

Hi
Yes I know what all the lyric sites on line say, and I know  all the
records and history of the song etc.
But if you actually listen  to the Blind Lemon Jefferson record, it dosen't
sound like he says clothes,  it
sounds like he says soul. This is actually a better rhyme and it seems  to
make more sense in a way.
You can hear the tune on youtube. Anybody  have a thoght on this?
John  Gill