[Dixielandjazz] Matchbox Blues -- Lyrics

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Sun Mar 18 14:16:07 PDT 2012

>From one of numerous lyrics sites, most of which appear to agree on the
lyrics:

============================

Matchbox Blues Lyrics

I'm goin' to the river goin' walk down by the sea
I'm goin' to the river walk down by the sea
I've got those tadpoles and minnows eyein' over me

Standin' here wonderin' will a matchbox hold my clothes
I was settin' here wonderin' will a matchbox hold my clothes
I ain't got so many matches but I got so far to go

Lord mama who may your manager be
Hey hey mama who may your manager be
Reason I ask so many questions can't you make 'rangements for me

I got a girl across town she crochet all the time
I got a girl across town crochet all the time
Baby if you don't quit crochetin' you're gon' lose your mind

I wouldn't mind marryin' but I can't stand settlin' down
I wouldn't mind marryin' but lord settlin' down
I'm gon' act like a preacher so I can ride from town to town

I'm leavin' town cryin' won't make me stay
I'm leavin' town cryin' won' t make me stay
Baby the more you cry the further you drive me away

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers