[Dixielandjazz] Jim Jones

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Mar 17 08:55:16 PDT 2012

Phil wrote:
>Try Jim Jones (the singer). He handles the Charles Anderson fakebook and
ALSO a collection of band arrangements.

I answered:
>Isn't Jim a banjo/guitar player?  Maybe he sings, also, dunno!

Phil then answered me:
>He he also the fellow who sang the "Love Boat" theme, among others, many
years ago.

& my reply is:
Nope!  That's Jack Jones.  I've spent a few evenings with Jim Jones & his
wife.  Been to one of his gigs.  Never mentioned that he sang.  I've seen
him play guitar & banjo.  He was once one of the members of the Salty Dogs.
Used to be a member of djml.

http://www.andersonfakebook.com/

It would seem that there is also a Jim Jones, folk singer.  Not the same
person.

Jim Kash