[Dixielandjazz] YouTube Link to Benko Band (Marek Boym)

Ittzés Tamás bohem at fibermail.hu
Tue Mar 13 15:30:57 PDT 2012

Marek wrote: I have some other Benko LPs, and they are G O O D!  I was a bit
wary of one, recorded in Mexico, as
I wasafraid of Mexican music, but it's turned out to swing like hell!
-----
Well Marek, they say it was recorded in Mexico live but, in fact, it was
recorded in the old Hungaroton Studio in Budapest (on Rottenbiller street).
Listen to the clapping, it gets repeated from time to time. Same sound
effects. It is not a live recording. I heard, it took them two weeks to
finish that "live" album. But you are right, there are a few very good bands
over here.

---
ITTZÉS Tamás
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival director
www.bohemragtime.com
www.OhYeahDay.com
Address: H-6001 Kecskemét, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone (classical): +36(20)82-447-82
Phone (jazz): +36(20)960-7169
E-mail (classical): ittzes.tamas at gmail.com
E-mail (jazz): help at bohemragtime.com
---
Join us and make Aug 4 the International Day of Classic Jazz!
Be part of a great worldwide event!
Support at www.OhYeahDay.com