[Dixielandjazz] Pianist Dick Hyman--85--A Living Encyclopedia of Jazz--NPR

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:29:32 PDT 2012

Goodness,
Dick Hyman is 85!  Oh well, I, too, am a wee bit older than when I
heard him on VoA's Jazz Hour, probably in the '50's!

While on NPR they say that Hyman is mainly known for his solo work, I
must have heard more "band" Hyman than solo Hyman, commencing with the
fantastic "Ellington" big bands in Nice in 1976 and 1977, through the
Armstrong tribute concerts, to theClassic Jazz Band he brought to
Europe several times.

A wonderful musician.

Best,
Marek