[Dixielandjazz] CD- Wild Bill "Live At The Chester Inn"

Thomas Chesson trchesson at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 18:55:48 PST 2012

Marty,

I came across this while searching for updated info on the Vache brothers, Warren, jr. And Allan.  They are performing here in Sarasota, FL in April as part of the Sarasota 2012 Jazz Festival

As I picked thru some leads, I found that Marv Ross retired several years ago to the Miami area after being diagnosed with throat cancer.  If anyone knows whether he survived that, I'd like to know.

Larry Weiss died last year.

So many of the great performers who Chuck drew to that little venue are gone, but their music lives on.  The regular piano playing and throaty vocals of the great Red Richards were a special part of any Sat night in Chester.  On those occasions where Red induced Doc Cheatem and/or Vic Dickenson to join him, the customers had a real treat--Doc's Dippermouth was a classic and every note played by Vic was special.

The highlight of any evening there was Marv and Chuck trying to outdo each other on their own version of Hindustan.  I'd love to hear that one more time.  If anyone reading this has a recording of that, I'd appreciate the chance to get a copy.

Wonderful guys and wonderful music!!

Tom Chesson. Trchesson at yahoo.com.

Sent from my iPad