[Dixielandjazz] Don Ingle

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sun Mar 11 23:37:10 PDT 2012

I have known Don since the early 80s thanks to my association with Rosy
McHargue. Don & Rosy loved to tell the story that when Don was born,
Rosy subbed for Red so Red could be at the birth.

I also loved how Don & Dick Miller used to 'fake' argue over Michigan
State/Notre Dame football.

I too have a couple of Don's hand-made audio cassettes. The problem is
that I no longer have a cassette player.

An old timer, yes, but he wasn't afraid of Facebook where he wished me
happy birthday two weeks ago.

R.I.P. old friend. Your deep knowledge and love for old jazz will be
sorely missed.

Gary Kiser
34, rue du Président Wilson
63100 Clermont-Ferrand