[Dixielandjazz] China Boy - sweet cyclo jazz team - jazz new orléans - YouTube

Mic (from Burgundy) michelmiconnet.djml at free.fr
Sat Mar 10 23:59:15 PST 2012

Gluetje1 at aol.com ecrivait (wrote),  le (on) 11/03/2012 03:27 :
> _Click here:  China Boy - sweet cyclo jazz team - jazz new orléans -
> YouTube_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLY9-d3CfDE&feature=email)
>
> Does anyone know this group,this banjoist?  Thanks!
>
> Ginny

Hello Ginny and all

This banjoist is Henri Lemaire who lives in France near Lyon (and not
far Switzerland). He's also an excellent bass player and he teach
guitar. He plays with various bands such Red Hot Reedwarmers, Thomas
Winteler's Jazz Serenaders, South Side Jazz Serenaders and probably many
others. I particularly remember seeing him in an amazing gipsy trio but
I have no recording or video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgojdAZwyc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFK2wwDNdPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-fDTEmLwv4

I never seen or heard "Sweet Cyclo Jazz Team" till today. They seem to
live in Lyon (France) in the same area as Henri Lemaire. According to
their website, Henri Lemaire is not part of their regular personnel;
other musicians are professionals. Anyway, in IMHO, the music that is
broadcast on their website sounds good.

Perhaps our listmate Gary Kiser who lives not far from Lyon could tell
us more?

Michel