[Dixielandjazz] RED INGLE & The NATURAL SEVEN - 'Pagan Ninny's Keep 'Er Goin' Stomp' - 1947

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 10 15:31:32 PST 2012

Marek Boym asked [in part]:
>  There is a violin player referred to on the label as Nicolo Piu Noodnik.  Any idea who he was and what was his real name?

Dear Marek,
It was Red Ingle playing lead 'fiddle' (violin) on that item.
Niccolò, as you will know, was Paganini's birth name.
The tune was recorded for Capitol on 17 September 1947 and I have it plus full details.
In 1947 Capitol signed a deal with Decca to release its material in the UK for three years.
Very kind regards,
Bill.