[Dixielandjazz] John Edward Hasse on "Jazz"

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 01:42:10 PST 2012

How many times have I encountered people who said they didn't like
jazz but, when asked what music the ydid like, said that they liked
Dixieland?  Trying to expalin that it was the jazz I liked was usually
met with disbelief.  After all, that's not what they heard on the
radio passing as jazz.
Cheers