[Dixielandjazz] FW: Jazz Audiences

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Mar 1 02:21:11 PST 2012

Steve wrote:
>I think you totally miss the point.
No, I just made another point...being that Europe is different.  Not
everyone on the list is in the U.S., and I just thought it might be an
interesting angle to look from.  I find that promotion works differently
here.  Others may have their views in their particular areas.

>To say things like "your music does the talking for you" is beside the
point and is why most OKOM bands have virtually no audience in the USA. They
don't promote.
If the good music isn't there already, the promotion is going to do very
litte in the long run.

>Your situation is different.
I said that in my post.

>No doubt the club you play in has a packed house no matter what kind of
band plays there.
You are wrong in your assumption about the full house for all bands.  We are
one of two bands playing this club that has the club fully reserved more
than 24 hrs before each nite.  Why?  Good music and longevity, with a steady
band membership. The other group is the same, not OKOM, but have been
together for ages, and have a following. The same thing happens at another
club we play at.

By the way, looks like there seems to be light at the end of the economic
tunnel, and propositions & contracts for concerts in other cities in Spain,
weddings & company parties are starting back up.

Jim