[Dixielandjazz] No Name Club

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jun 30 13:11:03 PDT 2012

Randy Fendrick wrote:

A friend told me about a good dixie band at the No Name Club in Sausalito, Calif.

led by a trombone player.

Anyone know this group and do they have a web site?

Randy. The band is led by a comedian trombone player named Mal Sharpe. Years ago he had a partner, can’t remember his name. They used to do a lot of funny commercials, Man on the Street type. I believe he still does commercials.

I have not been to see the band. However, I know some of the guys who play in it, or have subbed in it.

Mal surrounds himself with really good musicians and then uses his comedic talent to communicate with the audience and put on a good show.

I have always intended to go down to see them but have never had the chance. It is quite a drive from Placerville.

Google Mal Sharpe and I’ll bet you’ll find out a lot about him and the band.

Best,

--Bob Ringwald

www.ringwald.com