[Dixielandjazz] The magic of promotion

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 28 11:21:53 PDT 2012

Barbone Street performed a concert of New Orleans Jazz, Dixieland and Swing at the White Clay Creek State Park in Newark Delaware last night. Folks had to pay the usual park fee to attend. Over 1200 people showed up. Parking lot was packed, they had to put cars on the grass, etc., etc., etc.

How come such a large crowd?

PROMOTION.

Besides my usual mailers, and my space listing etrc.,  the Parks & Rec folks do an outstanding job of letting people know about their concerts. Lots of publicity.

To see what I mean, just google search  <Barbone Street at White Clay Creek State Park>  You get several pages of hits about the concert in various media.

The music is never enough. We need to get publicity out there. BTW, the attendance last night was the most folks they had at a concert so far.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband