[Dixielandjazz] FW: FW: Auto-Tune-- & fixing things

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Jun 28 02:05:13 PDT 2012

> at the grand finale there is a very short break and some bass or baritone
singer came in just a bit too early.   Dave Richoux

It would take me less than 5 seconds to remove that offending note...without
shortening the space where it was.  If you are a thoughtful person, you will
say, "but the ambient noise will disappear also when you remove the
offending early note".  Yes, that is true, but you then "borrow" that noise
from another space, placing it in the hole you have created....another 10
seconds of work. Smooth that all over with cross fades, and as the Brits say
"Bob's your uncle".

Then, the purists pop up and shout "you're tampering with art!"  Yes,
hopefully in an artful manner.  That's why I think the best balance in a
studio is a musician/engineer for these matters.  Yes, the order of those
two words is important!

Jim