[Dixielandjazz] Jim Leigh obituary

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:10:35 PDT 2012

Yep... One Father M.J. (Mike) Longsdon.  Have you ever heard of him, Mike?
Since my late dad taught me to give praise where praise is due, let me
mention that you've done a great job, Mike!  Lovely music, pretty good
sound - highly recommended.
And since I've already taken the album out, that's the one I'll play
tomorrow, even though our host always prepares a programme for the
jazz evening, and prints it out (unlike yours truly - I just play
things I plan to play for myself, except for tributes to deceased
musicians or musicians whose birthday is close to the jazz evening
date.  With one difference: for myself, I usually play both sides of
an LP, while at a jazz evening I usually play only one, unless the
othr side is requested.
Cheers (if you ever happen to visit Israel, seek Jem's 8.8 - a potent
brew at 8.8% abv, but oh! so good!  I just had one)