[Dixielandjazz] Jim Leigh obituary

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:35:18 PDT 2012

Another one!
I corresponded with him for a while, and even made him some recordings
of the Polish Jazz Band Ball Orchestra whose trombonist, Marek
Michalak, he admired.  But by then he was hospitalized and had no
mailing address, and the correspondence was never resumed.  Actually,
he wrote me because of my name, and asked whether I was that trombone
player - he had never heard the name Marek in another context.
A good player and a good leader.  I have two double albums by his
Eldorado Jazz Band (one he shares with Ev Farey), and the Gremoli one
on GHB.  lovely music!
Jim will be missed, but not forgotten!  I hope to play something in
his memory (and Graeme Bell's as well) at tomorrow's jazz evening.
Cheers