[Dixielandjazz] Coon-Sanders Nighthawk Orchestra

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 16 02:53:38 PDT 2012

>>>Still, when its LP was issued as part of the RCA
Vintage series, I hated it!<<<

The Cursed LP?

>From The Old Masters CD vol 4 liner notes:

"On January 11, 1965, [Clyde] Hahn called Joe [Sanders] to tell him that RCA Victor had released an LP of old Coon-Sanders tracks; Joe was elated and said, 'We'll make millions off it!'  The next day, Joe was listening to the album over the telephone when he suffered a stroke.  ...[he] was unconscious for several weeks before dying on May 14, 1965."

Sent from my cOmputer