[Dixielandjazz] DIXIE REBELS

John Gill smokewagon at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 13:49:27 PDT 2012

Hi
I love The Dixie Rebels, some of the first records that I stole from my Dad's record pile. On the 2 Command Albums the personel is "Pee Wee" Erwin (credited as Big Jeb Dooley on early issues) trumpet, Lou McGarrity-trombone, Ken Davern-clarinet, Milt Hinton-bass, John Mortillaro (Johnny Varro I think) piano, and last but not least Cliff Leeman-drums. Basically the same band with some minor changes in lineup made several great records back in the day. "Oh Play That Thing" by Pee Wee Erwin's Dixieland 8 is a killer. It's on United Artists Records.
John Gill