[Dixielandjazz] Coon-Sanders Nighthawk Orchestra

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 11 17:39:44 PDT 2012

Marek Boym wrote:
> Just listening to that band...It's not the first time I've liked tha band.  Still, when its LP was issued as part of the RCA
> Vintage series, I hated it!  Could it be that the Zonophones were SO much better?

Dear Marek,
Could it be that your musical taste has broadened?
8>)
Apart from one issued title from a 1921 Columbia session, all the Coon-Sanders' recordings were made for Victor.
The English Zonophone releases were reissues of the Victor sides.
I have the complete set of C-S recordings and love 'em all.
Very kind regards,
Bill.