[Dixielandjazz] How should folks behave at concerts, classical or jazz?

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 18:09:16 PDT 2012

 Dear Pat.  now you of all list mates know  I post  tongue firmly planted in cheek about almost every subject
I stick my sarcastic nose into on this list.  hence over used :))   very big grin sign.   I actually do like some Classical music and
I get dressed up for almost all gigs, as i firmly believe that the entertainers should out dress their fans, or punters at every opportunity to do so.
And yep we even wear Tails,  Black ones and White ones. to many kinds of events that we play.  :))   Although we often wear them with a brightly colored shirt
and white Basketball sneakers and a fancy velvet hat.  :))   I used to have a custom made all Levi Tuxedo complete with rhinestones and a Levi Top hat to go with it.  Got denied access to a posh Disco in Atlanta, Georgia of all places  wearing it and being shown  a sign that said no jeans allowed.  ha ha   that suit cost ten times what the door man's powder blue leisure suit cost too.

And of course not all people getting all dressed up and going downtown to a classical event are trying to be SOMEBODY !!!  heavens no some of the actually ARE SOMEBODY.   :))

There are indeed all kinds of folks attending Classical events, some for the music and some to see and be seen, and some to look for an alleged wealthy prospect for a spouse or just a good affair even.

hope all is well and healthy with ya sir.
Cheers,

Tom Wiggins