[Dixielandjazz] Django Playing An Electric Guitar?

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Thu Jun 7 17:50:07 PDT 2012

Actually, Rick, Django evolved from banjo playing as a gypsy in his caravan
and in the dives of Paris in musette bands. He was considered an awesome
player at a young age and soon gained the attraction of musicians who were
playing jazz.

I don't hear any evidence of Condon or Green in his accompaniments. Nor do I
hear Lang or Kress in his solo work.

Many of his later compositions made their mark on guitarists. These include:
"Manoir de Mes Reves", "Swing 48", "Duke And Dukie", and "Vendredi 13".

Hopefully, others on this list can chime in with their thoughts.

Stan
Stan Brager
sbrager at verizon.net