[Dixielandjazz] Couple of thoughts about music.

jazz-en-ville jazz-en-ville at orange.fr
Tue Jun 5 02:18:01 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Remarks :

- Comparison between musicians who were playing during the Twenties and
t those who are playing to day is a nonsense.
Did 17^th century artists paint, play, scult "better" than
contemporary?. If their works are in museums or still played in concerts
it's because they were originators, creators and, for that reason, they
keep a place in the history of arts.
Whatcontemporary artists will enter museums or will be played on next
century? Well, I'm too old to wait the answer.

- To be interesting Dance Bands must have interested no-dancers people.

- Appreciating old Jazz doesn't mean that I don'tlove Gillespie or Monk
musicor Spielberg pictures andAustralian wines. I do.!  And fly fishing
and Irish stout too!

Friendly

Alain de La Simone