[Dixielandjazz] Alouette LeBlanc

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Jun 3 15:36:53 PDT 2012

_http://blog.nola.com/living/2009/04/aloutte_leblanc_americas_great.html_
(http://blog.nola.com/living/2009/04/aloutte_leblanc_americas_great.html)

What amazes me in 2012 is what band-mate friends of mine did  in spring of
1958.  It was our high school trip, an annual event.  A  group of us, maybe
1/2 dozen, went to the 500 club to "hear jazz".  Not  sure where the
chaperones were, but they were not along.  Yes, we heard  some jazz.  And I have no
memory of whom.  But also saw Alouette  LeBlanc, heard my first
raunchy-beyond-belief comedians, were served whatever we  ordered to drink.  Yes, we
were all dressed up in pretty dresses, suits,  heels.  I cannot remember any
sense of fear, only fun and feeling very  grown  up.

I guess that could not happen in today's New  Orleans.

Ginny