[Dixielandjazz] St. James Infirmary

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 09:12:36 PDT 2012

But remembered the recording since it impressed me so much some 30
years ago, when it was played on Dutch radio.Where has the time gone
that regular radio played records like that?

Nowhere - if one lives in Israel!  Not on a daily basis, to be sure,
but we have six hours of jazz on 88FM, and OKOM is played very often.
Not accoustic recordings - they require "broadcast quality" - but
Victor's '30's (and even mid- and late twenites) meet that
requirement.

There's also a lot of OKOM on "Diamonds forever," bradcast twice a
week on 88FM, even if it is not defined as a jazz programme.  Thus, if
one turns on the radio between 8-10 PM Sudnay through Wednesday, and
7-9 PM Friday, one stands a good chances to hear some good music.
Last Wednesday, for example, Iheard  Ella and Louis on the non-jazz
programme.
Cheers