[Dixielandjazz] Trombonist

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Mon Jul 23 12:02:19 PDT 2012

Dear Stan,

The video of Tommy Pederson reminded me of the tale about the articulate man
who had only one defect in his elocution -
No matter how hard he tried he always stumbled trying to say
'Rimsky-Korsakov'. It came out as 'Rorsky-Kimsakov ' or 'Korsky-Rimsakov'.
Nevertheless, when he saw that the BBC were auditioning for new announcers,
he decided to apply, and he, in fact, got the job.
All went well for several months until one day he saw he'd been picked to DJ
a record programme, and to his horror he saw that Rimsky-Korsakov was on the
playlist. Determined to conquer his handicap, he practised and practised,
and finally succeeded when he took it slightly slower.
The great day arrived and, full of confidence, he presented the records. He
came to the dreaded item and it went like this:
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have that famous piece by (deep breath) -
R-i-m-s-k-y - K-o-r-s-a-k-o-v: The Blight of the Feeble Bum."

Cheers

Bob Smith