[Dixielandjazz] Flying With Banjo

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Jul 18 23:23:56 PDT 2012

Elzer,

I didn’t want to have a hassle. Scot Anthony and Mike Starr missed a Jazz Festival because the airline would not let them take their plectrum banjo and trombone onboard. They were in soft cases and would not let the airlines check them in baggage.

I didn’t want to have that hassle so bought a hard case for my plectrum.It is especially for baggage. I have flown all over the country with it plus to Germany, Amsterdam & Hungary and the banjo has been just fine.

If you are interested, I could get you the name of the company who makes the case.

--Bob Ringwald