[Dixielandjazz] CHORDS FOR THE LAST TIME

Joe Carbery joe.carbery at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:30:27 PDT 2012

The chords of the Hot 5's "The Last Time" are in Gene H. Anderson's book *The
Original Hot Five Recordings of Louis Armstrong.
*He has these:
Intro by clarinet: 2 bars F; 1 bar C, G; 1 bar C.
Chorus:
2 bars C7; 2 F; 3 C7; 1 bar C7, G7; 2 bars G7; 4 bars C7; 4 F; 2C7; 2 F; 4
C7; 1 F; 3 C7; 2 F; 2 C7; 2 F. [36 bars in all].
He also gives Louis' vocal solo and that of Sara Martin.

Regards,

Joe Carbery.