[Dixielandjazz] My Inspiration

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Fri Jul 13 12:07:41 PDT 2012

Dear Bill,

Thanks for the Peanuts Hucko video. It makes a change from listening to
Dodds, Noone, George Lewis, Nicholas, Simeon, and Bechet to name just a few
of my favourites. I quite like listening to Hucko, Goodman and clarinet
players of that ilk - the problem is finding time to listen to everybody to
whom I like to listen.

What I found remarkable about the video is that Hucko was around 72 years
old at this time. To my eyes he doesn't look a day over 60, although I think
he became chronically ill some two-three years after playing this concert in
1990.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith