[Dixielandjazz] Great "All Girl Orchestra" from 1928

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Tue Jul 10 05:22:53 PDT 2012

> The Ingenues! http://youtu.be/8ACtACBX0gM  and http://vimeo.com/26399606
>
> Don't know much about them - some info here:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191809/  maybe just put together for the
> film?
>
> Dave Richoux

THE INGENUES were not put together for the film - they were an established
group. They toured Australia opening at the Tivoli Theatre Sydney on July
23, 1928, finishing on August 28. They then went to the Melbourne Tivoli for
a extended season, and returned to Sydney in November appearing on stage on
the Regent Theatre. They were led by Mina Smith and described as "college
beauties".

I believe that they then went to South America for a tour. I've got an
article on them by Mike Sutcliffe somewhere, but can't find it at the
moment.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell