[Dixielandjazz] Andy Griffith Blues Album

Dick Baker dick at dickbaker.org
Fri Jul 6 17:31:36 PDT 2012

This is extremely interesting--I looked for and got a line on a copy
of the LP.  If I get it, I'll remaster it to CD.  If anybody else is
as intrigued by the review as I was, email me in a couple of weeks to
ask about getting a copy.

The reviewer groups Griffith with Brother Dave Gardner as hip redneck
comedians, a category and connection that never occurred to me, even
though I've always been fans of both.  Griffith as redneck is
obviously funnin' and in any case never insulting; Gardner was WAY
out closer to the edge, making you hope he was hip but worried that
he might really mean it.

And even though I've listened to the

         Young Lady: "Honey, this place is a drag. Let's blow this joint."
         Boyfriend: "Naw, leave it for the waitress."

joke many times, I never really got it until I read it in the context
of that review.  I'm no redneck--but Jeez, I may not even be hip!