[Dixielandjazz] Tunes on the fly:

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 10:40:12 PDT 2012

Yesterday , Saint Gabriel's Brass Band played a Country Club Pool Party  and did a few tunes on the fly that we normally don't do and the audience enjoyed them.  Most of our gigs entail high energy songs and fast tempos.

Bye Bye Blackbird
Do you Know what it means to miss New Orleans
The Peanut Vendor
Mo Betta Blues
Caravan
and a couple more so obscure I don't even remember the names of them.  :))

Had Dave Richoux filling in on Tuba at the last minute,  thanks Dave.

And on Saturday's Wedding gig we  played on request:
Come Rain or Come Shine    (Billie Holiday )
Time after Time     (Chet Baker version)
Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay   (Otis Redding)
Something you Got      (Wilson Pickett)
I Feel Good         ( James Brown)
Night Train           ( James Brown)
Take the A Train   ( Duke Ellington)
Kansas City          ( Wilbert Harrison )
Mustang Sally       ( Wilson Pickett )
Proud Mary
Down By the Riverside
What a Wonderful World
Sweet Georgia Brown
Georgia on my Mind
I got a woman        ( Ray Charles)
IKO IKO
It Ain't my Fault       (Treme Brass Band)
Saints
Basin Street Blues
Bourbon Street Parade
Ba Duey Duey    (Big Sam's Funky Nation)
Do wathcha Wanna     (Rebirth Brass Band)
Boogaloo Zydeco
and other standard Dixieland tunes strolling during cocktail hour.

It Pays to have a large and eclectic Repertoire of music to pull from and diversity in genres, to keep a band working good gigs on a regular basis.  We strive to give the Client what THEY want to hear, it's their money and really is all about them not us :))  Most of the Time anyway :)) ha ha

Busy Week,    Two Weddings,   Two Parades, and a Pool Party.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins