[Dixielandjazz] Music Festivals are BIG BUSINESS

David Washburn tootn4u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:30:10 PDT 2012

While it is true that festivals seem to be proliferating, I personally
don't see much opportunity there. Every time I come across one of these,
the promoters want to charge for vendor spaces, charge for ad spots and in
every way conceivable make some money. But when it comes to entertainment
they are always seeking volunteers to perform for free. and of course the
"EXPOSURE" will be invaluable. They will cut loose some money for 1 or 2
headliners bands, usually country/rock groups in this part of the country,
but for the most part I have found I can't make anything.  I keep my eyes,
ears and mind open. However I don't get too excited over festivals.

Just my take on it :-)
Dave in Dallas