[Dixielandjazz] Tony Bennett Duets II

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 29 09:55:37 PST 2012

Did anyone catch Great Performances on PBS TV Friday night, Jan 27,
with Tony Bennett and guests? Sorry I missed it, but here are some
clips of marvelous American Songbook tunes with Lady GaGa, Amy
Winehouse, Willie Nelson, Queen Latifa

Below with Lady GaGa, put up on you tube 3 months ago, over 7 million
hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAmDULCVrU&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Below with Amy Winehouse, on youtube 4 months ago over 6 million hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OFMkCeP6ok&feature=related

Below with Willie Nelson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2uyCprbsO0

Below with Queen Latifah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTe7M7gBgvs&feature=related

GREAT MUSIC, available in a great album, IMO. Available at Amazon on
CD for $11.00 US. You can also hear clips of each song on their site:

http://www.amazon.com/Duets-II-Tony-Bennett/dp/B0052GACNM

It is a sequel to His Duets I, released 5 years ago, now platinum and
his best selling record to date so far. Duets II, with him at 85 years
old, is a tribute to the staying power of the man, and the songs.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband