[Dixielandjazz] New Wild Bill Davison / Art Hodes / John Petters Video on Youtube

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 24 17:34:31 PST 2012

Hi folks,
I've just edited a video from the Legends of American Dixieland tour in
May 1989, with Bill and Art. This from The Playhouse, Harlow, which we
sold out. List mate Louis Lince was responsible for the video and Terry
Maton did a direct to stereo digital recording using two Radio shack PZM
microphones into an old Sony F1 Betamax video recorder.

I've dubbed the sound on to the video, which jumps around a bit.

This was a real honour for me to work with these two legends. Bill was
83 at the time and only lived a few more months, but his chops were in
great shape. Art, at 85 was still at the peak of his powers. Age had not
diminished him in any way, shape or form.

The trombonist is Jack Free, still blowing strong at nearly 80. (I'm
playing with him in Harlow on Thursday) Dave Bailey is the clarinettist
and Keith Donald is on bass.
Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf7CCG5oLws&feature=share
Keep swinging,