[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong box set

Eric Holroyd eholroyd at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 21 10:41:14 PST 2012

Like many other trumpeters I’ve amassed quite a collection of Armstrong
material over the years, but when the collection which sold in a mock
trumpet case etc came along I was very tempted.

Is this the same collection mentioned in Bill Haesler’s excellent DJML post?

I went to the Amazon link and looked it over, but frankly wasn’t overly
impressed.

I took Bill’s advice, ie I suggest that intending purchasers should read the
whole review at the above link.

It clinched the deal for me, and I decided not to bother.

Eric Holroyd