[Dixielandjazz] Lena Seikaly

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Jan 20 15:12:02 PST 2012

A few years ago a youth band from WA DC performed at the STJS (Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society) sponsored TJYBF (Traditional Jazz Youth Band Festival).  The next day they performed at our Jazz Sunday concert.  They had a singer,
Lena Seikaly, who knocked me out.  I couldn't believe this high-school girl was singing Jazz like a pro.

The next Fall I booked her to be a guest star at the STJS monthly Jazz Sunday concert.  She knocked *everyone out

Here is an article about her from the Washington Post.  Evidently she is doing great!

I think it might be about time to have her back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/music-events/lena-seikaly,1218541.html

For information on the upcoming Youth Jazz Festival in Sacramento:
I believe there are still openings for any youth bands wanting to participate in the next youth Festival in Feb of 2012.

www.sacjazz.org/youthfestival

For info on the 39th annual Sacramento Music Festival, formerly the Sacramento Jazz Festival and Jubilee:

www.sacmusicfest.com

For info on the STJS, Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society:

www.sacjazz.org

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

Wireless Internet is like Sex.
You still want it,
even if it's unprotected and in a public place.