[Dixielandjazz] Suggestions for a 4th of July Concert?

John McClernan mcclernan1 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 18 16:43:07 PST 2012

COHAN!  not "cohen"

On Jan 18, 2012, at 4:55 PM, Roy (Bud) Taylor wrote:

Be sure to include the Cohen tunes:  I'm aYankee Doodle Dandy;  You're a
Grand Old Flag; Give My Regards to Broadway.  Others that work are:  Over
There, I Didn't Raise My Boy To Be A Soldier; When Alexander Takes His Band
To France; I'll Be Seeing You; God Bless America...all of these are best
with the vocals sung because young people just haven't heard them before in
many cases.

--
Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band