[Dixielandjazz] dancers

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Jan 15 09:45:37 PST 2012

There seems to be a bit of confussion over the discussion of dancers, with
folks like Pat referring to "line" type dancing, and others referring to
what I would call jitterbug.  That confussion may have come from my remark
about a group of dancers on a cruise ship who did actually take over the
dance floor entirely with their coordinated dancing.  Not particularly nice
for the "normal" couple!

Here's a video link to a gig we have several times a year for a dancing
club.  They don't normally have a band, and blend our performance in with
recorded songs during the evening.  This is about 1am on a Friday evening!
I've posted other links similar to this one, but this gives a good example
of the topic lately been discussed on djml.  The song is what we call
"Darktown Boogie".  Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_l_XOnCsvQ