[Dixielandjazz] bixing jesse james

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sat Jan 14 15:36:10 PST 2012

ROBERT R. CALDER wrote:

"One of the ultimate benign Bixings concerns the pianist and singer who
called himself Jesse James "

I know this is irrelevant but I'll tell you anyway. We had in Australia a
trombonist named James Jesse, but of course he was usually called Jim. It is
Australia after all. I don't know if he is still with us. The last mention
of him that I can recall was thirty or so years back in a newspaper report
of a court case - he was found with an "illegal substance" sewn into the fly
of his trousers.

We all deserve our fifteen minutes of fame.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell