[Dixielandjazz] Long songs, I win!

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jan 14 13:59:02 PST 2012

Bart wrote:   >A Ten minute song is a short one for us. :(

And, Steve wrote:
>Our longest song went for over 10 minutes

Okaaaayyyy!  Since we're now into measurements, I think I've got this one
beat by having the longest one.

Although it wasn't for dancers, we played one song for 25 minutes while Tom
Cruise worked the crowd (shaking hands, getting photos) at a film premier.
We had already played for the audience for about 2 hours in front of the
theater before he showed up.  Finally just lapsed into this very long blues
so various members of the band could slip away to take a much needed leak!

Jim