[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dancers vs. Listeners

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:21:18 PST 2012

Some angry tirade, Bart!

But is it true?  I wonder.  I have seen young kids daning to The New
OrleansFunction on the street and feeding the kitty, kids dancing at
free venues and drinking alcohol (notto worry - most of them were over
twenty), kids paying door charge to get in and dance.    And by the
way, at least two  of the places where I've seen it are NOT in the
alcohol  business, even if they have bars - one in the back, the other
one - in a side room so as not to disturb the sitting public.  The
second one also has the dancing in a side room, as it main room is
occupied by rows of chairs.  And even the same kids paying for seats
to hear their favourite bands (Swing de Gitanes, The New Orleans
Function) at non-dancing venues.
So not all is as bleak as you paint it, at least - not here in Israel.
Cheers