[Dixielandjazz] Out of the box - Trad purists delete now

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed Jan 11 13:18:06 PST 2012

Hi Y'All,

As I am a jazzer that loves it all, I have raised eyebrow in the past
and will certainly do so in the future. And, the future is here.

I just discovered the The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. I love
'em. Are they playing Tiny Tim? Tin pan alley? No, they play what they
want and it sounds great. Here they are playing Isaac Hayes' classic
'Shaft.' From a different clip we learn the bass isn't played by a
guitar (the 'G' word is not permitted in the UOBG.), but by a four
stringed bass Uke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlMT-oEIQuo

Enjoy

All the best, Gary