[Dixielandjazz] RIP Ernie Carson

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 9 12:10:31 PST 2012

>>>I remember in my early days on DJML, Ernie was also on the list and
tended to be somewhat volatile.  I never saw him in person, but he was a
great cornet player on the recordings I've heard.<<<

Indeed.  In those volatile days he had a choice epithet or two for me, which I may or may not have deserved, I can't recall.  But the recordings he leaves behind are all gems as far as I'm concerned.  It's him on Turk's RCA Victor "Living Stereo" album, and his "One Beer" with "San Andreas Shake" is my favorite of his CDs.  (The latter was in the player when my car was stolen back in 2007.  I've often wondered what the bastards thought of it!)

Sent from my cOmputer