[Dixielandjazz] Gigmasters & agents - was phone quoting

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 9 07:11:35 PST 2012

On Jan 8, 2012, at 10:13 PM, dwlit at cpcug.org wrote:

> Hi Steve. You guys obviously have the wrong approach, hence attitude.
> Maybe the DC area is more congenial, because they've done well
> enough by
> me over the years...I don't knowingly lowball, but I suspect your band
> gets a lot more than I can...I'm not gonna say more, because I don't
> want
> any more competition...
>
> Happy NY.
> --Sheik

Hi Dave:

Not to worry about us trying to compete in Baltimore or DC areas. We
have enough going on here locally in our niche market and it's too
much bother for us old guys to travel too far South of Philadelphia/
Wilmington

I could not get my sidemen/woman to go to Baltimore for less than $200
a man/woman weekdays and $400 on Saturday Night. Add $100 a man for
Wash DC area. Pretty much prices me out of both areas.

Except for an occasional wedding at the Congressional Country Club,
that is. VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband