[Dixielandjazz] OKOM is alive and well

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 9 00:21:31 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dixiejazzdata"

> The young folks of the USA are not dead and certainly not all into Rap
> Music.  the following link will show that there is a definite movement
> back in time to
> real music and dancing.  ONCE AGAIN I emphasize Dancing which is what OKOM
> was Originally ALL about.   They may not be dressed in double breasted
> suits
> and Charleston dresses but they are getting back to the basics of Jazz.
>
> http://www.flixxy.com/denver-airport-holiday-flash-mob.htm
>
> enjoy
>
> Bart

"will show that there is a definite movement back in time to real music and
dancing". I wouldn't go so far as to say that, Bart. Looks to me like just a
paid gig for the local amateur dance club/group. All too orchestrated to be
anything more than was probably intended, a little entertainment for the
passengers in transit. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Check out similar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Grx4qZwIg
~~
John D