[Dixielandjazz] Dogfight, unknown take

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 3 14:51:15 PST 2012

In an Off List email to me Steve Barbone asked:
> BTW what do you think of that Jack Stewart article. I found it fascinating, but then I am not the researcher you are.

Dear Steve,
My sincere apology.
Festive family and jazz events got in the way over the past week and I failed to acknowledge your emails dated 29 December 2011 containing the link to the very interesting and informative Jack Stewart ODJB article.
Which I already have, as it was published in 'The Jazz Archivist', the occasional (and wonderful) Newsletter published by the William Ransom Hogan Jazz Archives at Tulane University.
I am a longtime recipient of the newsletter (from 1992) and have the issue Vol.XIX (2005-2006) in which Mr Stewart's article was also published.
I instantly recalled reading it, was also fascinated, and impressed with his conclusions.
Then promptly forgot all about it.
(Comes with age, as you young blokes will learn soon enough.)
In the DJML dogfight over the current 'Dogfight' thread a few of our listmates may have missed your link at:
   http://www.odjb.com/Documents/New%20Orleans%20International%20Music%20Colloquium%20ODJB2_Jack%20Stewart.pdf
Well worth the visit.
For those interested in 'The Jazz Archivist' newsletter it can be accessed online at:
   http://jazz.tulane.edu/archivist/ja_online_index
Happy New Year and very kind regards,
Bill.