[Dixielandjazz] Musicians As Private Contractors

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 1 08:20:17 PST 2012

Interesting.  I have no direct experience, but have long  been  told that
in St. Louis the local musicians union primarily serves members or  adjunct
members of the St. Louis Symphony.  I do know (if I can trust local  news at
all) that the only musician and union items that make the news are  always
in regard to the symphony.  Many other area professional musicians  have said
to me that the perceive little to no benefit will come to them from
membership.

Ginny

In a message dated 12/31/2011 10:52:07 P.M. Central Standard Time,