[Dixielandjazz] Our bass

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Feb 23 12:53:30 PST 2012

Allan wrote:
>That's an interesting looking bass the bass player is playing.

It's a stick bass.  I picked it up in Los Angeles for our bass player years
ago.  I bought it from the guy that builds them, but can't remember who he
is now...so many years have passed!  It is electric, of course, but has two
pickups which manage to give a fairly realistic sound.  Best part is there
is no feedback when we play on a small stage.

I believe one of our listmates in Australia makes a bass that has a bit of a
small resonance box, while this one in our band is strickly a solid body of
wood. Both are excellent for travel.

Jim